More events coming soon!
Past Events Include
- AIMC Math Teachers’ Circle Workshop at the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Teachers of tribal students in grades 5-8 collaborated with mathematics professionalsto work with fun and engaging mathematicians and teacher peers, and to rediscover the joy of great problem solving. Check out our flyer. Participating teachers received a stipend for attending the entire workshop and lodging and meals will be provided.
- Third Annual AIMC Math Camp @ Navajo Prep was a great success June 2019! Our students, facilitators, staff, junior mentors, geologist, and wise elders made for a terrific week of learning and fun.
- Math Circle Night for Parents, Staff and Students @ Tuba City Boarding School Cafeteria on October 30, 2018 from 6-7pm. Contact Regional Coordinator, Craig Young for more details about the event. Flyer here.
- The 4 Corners Math Teachers’ Circle met 5-8PM on October 24, 2018 at Navajo Preparatory School. Topic was “Fractals with Adding Machine Paper.” Contact Regional Coordinator, Donna Fernandez for more details about the event. Here is a flyer to share with colleagues!
- SUMMER CAMP at Navajo Prep 2018. May 28 – June 02. Grade 7-12. Co-sponsored by Navajo Preparatory School and the Navajo Transfer Energy Corporation (NTEC).
- Dr. Tatiana Shubin (San Jose State University) and two other mathematicians visited the Four Corners region schools from March 24-April 10.
- April 10, 2018: Santa Fe Indian School, Dr. Tatiana Shubin visits 2:00-3:30. Host: Ms. Beth Cammarata.
SUMMER CAMP at Navajo Prep 2018. Details soon but save the dates! May 28 – June 02. Grade 7-12.
- Friday, March 23: Tuba City High School, 1:00—-; Teachers’ Workshop Dr. Tatiana Shubin and Ms. Donna Fernandez visit
- Monday, March 26: Moencopi Day School, Tuba City Dr. Tatiana Shubin visits. Hosts: Adnan Sabuwala, Maria Nogin
- Tuesday, March 27: Navajo Prep, Farmington, NM; Grades 9,10 Dr. Tatiana Shubin visits. Ms. Donna Fernandez hosts
- Wednesday, March 28: First Mesa Elementary School, First Mesa, Hopi Reservation, AZ. Dr. Tatiana Shubin visits
- 8:30-9:30 (4th grade, teachers watching; AS & MN)
- 9:45-10:15 (1st grade, teachers watching; AS & MN)
- 10:15-12:15 – discussion with teachers (TS, AS, MN
- Naschitti Elementary School, Newcomb, NM, 3:00-5:00pm. Dr. Tatiana Shubin visits.
- Thursday, March 29: Newcomb HS, after school Teachers’ Workshop. Dr. Tatiana Shubin visits.
- Friday, March 30: Hopi Jr/Sr High School, Hopi reservation, 9-11am, 7-12th grade students. Dr. Tatiana Shubin visits.
- 2017 Nov. Four Corners Math Teachers’ Circle workshop, Farmington, NM\
- 2017 Oct. AIMC’s Henry Fowler keynotes the SACNAS annual meeting in Salt Lake City, UT
- 2017 Sep. AIMC’s Tatiana Shubin & Donna Fernandez presented about AIMC at the American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) national conference in Denver, CO
- 2017 Sep. Navajo and Hopi Math Teachers’ Circle inaugural meeting. Kayenta, AZ. Facilitated by Drs. Pam Smith and Anne McCarthy of Fort Lewis College (Colorado). Topic was “Number Sense across the Grades.”
- 2017 Sep. Exploding Dots! at Santa Fe Indian School. Contributing to Global Math Day! Poster: (PDF)
- 2017 May. Navajo Preparatory School Summer Math Circles camp
- 2017 Jul. Tuba City Math Teachers’ Circle Immersion workshop
- 2016 Oct. The Bluff (Utah) Film Festival
- 2016-Ongoing. School visits to schools in Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona